I’m sometimes surprised for what people are willing to pay me. Things that are so obvious to me, I can’t imagine people not knowing them for themselves. But then I remember what I pay others for, like my tax accountant or copyright attorney.
The fact of the matter is…
We are all experts in our own field but we aren’t in anyone else’s. If we think of our expertise as an “information desk,” I sit at mine because it’s what I do, what I study, what I practice. All day, every day. Ditto, for you and your information desk.
Your information desk…
- What field are you an expert in?
- What do you know that others do not?
- What questions do you most commonly answer?
- What problem does your product or service solve?
…compared to your customer’s
- What does your ideal customer NOT know?
- What questions are they asking?
- What are their pain points?
- What help do they need?
Now ask yourself, “how can I communicate to my customers that I’m here and ready to help?”
What I’m Working On This Month
We wish COVID was over, but sadly it’s not. I’m honored to join with the Hispanic Health Resource Center in educating people on COVID safety and the medical care available.
What I’m Tuned In To This Month
- What you eat can change the world. Do you subscribe to National Geographic? A great article.
- The Little Gullah Geechee Book. My friend gave me this after we both spent time in the southern coastal states. A good read since I’ll soon be heading back to this area!
- Earth Day should be 365 days a year, says Regina Brett. She has good ideas, easy to do for all of us.
- Winding Roads Art Tour, June 4-5. Meet artists in their studios and drive the beautiful backroads of Driftless Wisconsin.