Just when you think we’re done battling the alleged ‘War on Christmas,’ someone revives it once again. The meme below recently appeared in my social feed and given it immediately amassed more than 400 comments means the argument is far from over.
When it comes to marketing your business, such talking points take joy out of the season. As one commenter said, “It’s my least favorite time of year to do social media for our business. I’m always waiting for at least one person to get mad.”
How do you handle respecting others while staying true to your brand? The answer is holiday spirit. No matter what holiday you celebrate, ’tis the season to show love, be compassionate, and promote peace.
How to Market with Holiday Spirit
- Know your market. Avoid making assumptions of someone’s traditions or beliefs.
- Stay out of echo chambers. The world is filled with amazing people, even if they are different than you. Appreciate diversity.
- Be respectful. The best way to bring light to your business and belief is to be kind. Be more than kind…think of your customers before yourself.
- Let your customers have a voice. Choose to not take offense. Instead, graciously accept season’s greetings in the spirit they are given.
What I’m Working On This Month: Not Much!
My husband recently had shoulder replacement surgery. He’s an easy patient; nonetheless, I stepped away from the computer to spend more time with him. My projects this month have been delightfully tactile—such is a benefit of being self-employed. Want to get started on your own road to flexibility? I can help!
What I’m Tuned In To This Month
- Power of the Masses: Iceland’s women can be an example for the rest of us.
- What do Christmas tree farmers do in summer? Ask Ken, whose family has been raising trees for 70 years.
- The Meaning of Wolves: Author Katherine May talks deep ideas with Erica Berry, author of Wolfish: Wolf, Self, and the Stories We Tell About Fear. Perfect as we enter this cold season.
- 2023 We Energies Cookie Book is here! Every year this 95-year tradition is a hot commodity. I easily have three decades’ worth.
Let’s Work Together
Think Adunate might be a good fit for your next project? Give me a holler and we’ll discuss ideas.