Maybe it’s because home decor is on sale this time of year. Or maybe it’s because I recently relocated my office. Whatever the reason, I’ve lately been obsessing over home offices. Yes, I know this is a marketing newsletter, but to do good marketing, one definitely needs a good office.
Functional, Not Fancy
There’s a plethora of information online for creating a functional home office. While each business requires workspace specific to its industry, here are five essentials for every office:
- Dedicated and personalized workspace
- Desk and ample work surface
- Ergonomic chair
- Reliable high speed internet
- Good lighting (preferably natural)
Want to see how I supercharged my new home office? It’s nothing fancy. Nonetheless, I’ve put together a space that works for me and keeps me motivated. Take a look.
What I’m Working On This Month
January’s winter pace is usually slower, giving me time for Adunate updates. Not this year. I’ve taken on two new clients; one has me learning zoning laws, the other COVID safety. Stay tuned!
What I’m Tuned In To This Month
- What’s in your trunk could save your life: one columnist’s thoughts after Virginia’s highway shutdown on January 3.
- Growing your business and working from home, a conversation with Erin Ogden of Ogden, Glazer and Schaefer.
- The Seed Keeper, a novel by Diane Wilson. A Dakota family’s struggle for preservation, meaningful because it takes place in my Minnesota college town.
- What I Learned From a Lynching Survivor About Anger: An excellent speaker, one from whom we can all learn.