Ever wonder why marketing yourself is so hard? True confession—I can promote my clients much easier than I can myself. When it comes to my own business, I have to really push.
If you’re like me, you may feel awkward and self-conscious about marketing. You feel talking about yourself is a form of vanity. You worry what other people think, especially those you know. Here’s the thing, if this mindset overtakes you, you’re actually cheating your business from the positive exposure it deserves. Even worse, you’re cheating your customers from the valuable product you have to offer.
Here’s a pep talk for marketing yourself with confidence!
10 Self-Loves to Motivate Your Marketing
- If you don’t market your business, you’ll have no business.
—Successful entrepreneurs everywhere
- Don’t let the expectations and opinions of other people affect your decisions. It’s your life (business), not theirs.
―Roy T. Bennett, author, nonpolitician
- Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.
—Brené Brown, professor, lecturer, author, and podcast host
- Criticism is the tool of envy and jealousy.
—Joe Cervantes, attorney and member of the New Mexico Senate
- Your work has value and should be compensated accordingly.
—paraphrased from Ilise Benum, marketing expert for creative professionals
- Marketing is really just about sharing your passion.
—Michael Hyatt, NY Times Best Selling Author
- Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
—Coco Chanel, fashion designer and businesswoman
- There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.
—Jason Fried, founder & CEO of Basecamp
- Don’t let yourself off the hook by deciding that something is out of your reach, instead, ask yourself, ‘What would I do if I weren’t afraid?‘
—Sheryl Sandburg, business executive, billionaire, and philanthropist
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
—Neale Donald Walsch, author, actor, screenwriter, and speaker
What I’m Working On This Month
January has been a month of maintenance. It’s all part of wintering, as they say. It’s also necessary for small business ownership. Hopefully all will soon be ready for launch!
What I’m Tuned In To This Month
- RAW DEAL: A dirty underbelly that affects not only small farm producers but we consumers as well.
- REST MANIFESTO: Winter’s a good time for resting. This article helps us feel less guilty when we do.
- DEMON COPPERHEAD: Author Barbara Kingsolver says in life she is not a risk-taker but as a writer she chooses the fast car. She really did with this one.
- IS EVERYONE DOING THE BEST THEY CAN? With what they’ve been given? Dr. Brené Brown makes us think in this podcast.
Let’s Work Together
Think Adunate might be a good fit for your next project? Give me a holler and we’ll discuss ideas.
Valentines in the Shop
For the Outdoor Lover in All of You!